Fairy Riding a Bat (1921)
by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite (Australia, 1888-1960)
Ida Rentoul Outhwaite was an Australian illustrator of children's books, whose work mostly depicted magical creatures such as elves and fairies. Well before modern fairy-tale iterations saw Frozen's Anna and Elsa crowned as unexpected feminist icons, she was celebrating the power of the feminine in subtle ways. The drawings are often emotionally quite intense, depicting a fairy or a feminine child floating above a rocky landscape or scary deep sea, without fear.
Rectangle Canvas Wrap
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars. All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
- Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
- Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
- Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
- Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
- Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.