"The Vampire Queen" [Marie Schleinzer in Bat Costume] (1896)
Photograph by Atelier Adele Studio (Austria, 1862-1905)
Austrian stage actress Marie Schleinzer in costume for the ballet “Around Vienna” ("Rund um Wien"). In it, Schleinzer plays the allegorical force of evil. This is one of a series of photographs published in the Austrian photographic journal Photographische Correspondenz.
The photography studio was owned by Adele Perlmutter-Heilperin and her two brothers, Max and William Perlmutter, who founded Atelier Adele in 1862. Adele was the first and only female "k.u.k. Hofphotograph" of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy in Vienna and was famous for her ability to photograph women.
Rectangle Canvas Wrap
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars. All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
- Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
- Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
- Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
- Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
- Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.