La Femme Chauve-Souris [The Bat Woman] (1890)
Albert Joseph Pénot (France, 1862-1930)
Albert Joseph Pénot was a French painter known for female nudes and landscapes. Today, he is more popularly and specifically recognized for a subset of paintings centering on women of darker, more macabre themes.
Pénot was concerned first and foremost with anatomically accurate portrayals of women. Singular female forms were the implicit focus of his work, whereas the worlds surrounding his characters are seldom realized beyond misty atmospheres and patches of shadow and light. Environments are incidental and are typically shrouded in haze, giving the figures themselves explicit priority.
Rectangle Canvas Wrap
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars. All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
- Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
- Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
- Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
- Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
- Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.