Trochilidae [Hummingbirds] (1904)
plate 99 from Kunstformen der Natur by Ernst Haeckel
Ernst Haeckel (1934-1919) was a German zoologist and naturalist who described and named thousands of new species and created many terms used today in biology. His work of over one hundred illustrations of animals and sea creatures, Kunstformen der Natur (Art forms in Nature), would go on to influence the Art Nouveau artistic movement.
This plate Trochilidae depicts many species of Hummingbirds, including the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird, Horned Sungem, Crimson Topaz, Red-tailed Comet, Tufted Coquette, Sword-billed Hummingbird, Buff-tailed Sicklebill, Dot-eared Coquette, White-vented Violetear, Hooded Visorbearer, Juan Fernandez Firecrown, and the Booted Racket-tail.
Rectangle Canvas Wrap
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars. All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
- Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
- Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
- Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
- Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
- Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.