Kraft und List [Power and Cunning], (1880)
Josef Arpád Koppay (Hungary, 1859-1927)
Baron József Árpád Koppay von Drétoma was an Austro-Hungarian portrait painter. This work, Kraft und List depicts a lion (strength) with a chain around its neck. Leaning against it is a dark-eyed, winged woman (cunning). Presumably she holds the other end of the lion's chain. Interestingly, this drawing is a variation of one of his earlier works, The Strong and the Weak. In the original painting, there was no cemetery, and the woman did not have wings.
Rectangle Canvas Wrap
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars. All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
- Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
- Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
- Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
- Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
- Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.